This lesson will get you well on your way to being an independent kiteboarder. By combining both our progressive level I and Level II lesson plans both in one day, you can be kiting in as little as 4 hours and at a savings!
Our goal as an IKO center is that you become a safe and independent kiteboarder. This lesson will give you all the fundementals needed for that. You will be learning about the gear at the start of this lesson. After we all get to know each other a little you will start by getting on your safety gear, then you will prepare to fly a 4 line inflatable kite.
During Level I you will learn:
- About each other and the IKO.
- That kiteboarding is safe, easy and fun to learn.
- How to inflate and set up a 4 line kite.
- How to lay out and walk your lines.
- How to rig your kite.
- To use all safety systems.
- Basic kiteboarding wind theory.
- Site and Safety awareness.
- Beach/Launchsite etiquette.
- To perform an assisted launch and landing.
- Proper piloting techniques.
- Power management techniques.
- One handed piloting.
- On land Self Rescuing/Kite recovery techniques.
- What equipment you will need to get.
- That you should’ve taken a KGB Kiteboarding lesson sooner.
During Level II you will learn:
- How to set up your board for riding.
- How to water relaunch your kite.
- 3 different bodydragging techniques.
- How to get up on the board.
- On-water self rescue techniques.
- Rules of the road.
- Wind/Weather effects.
- About the gear you will need to get.
- What and where to practice next.
- That you are really going to love kiteboarding.
At the end of this lesson most students are ready to get all the kiting gear needed to start praticing independently. Some students do however desire or require further instruction. For those we recommend our Level III lesson or possibly some private instruction. Proper instruction and continuing to practice soon thereafter are vital when learning this sport.
We are open for lessons daily. Start times for the 4 hour lesson are usually 10:30 am and 3:30 pm. This is a wind dependent group beach lesson that must be completed all in one visit. Students are encouraged to arrive at least 15mins prior to scheduled lesson start time.
We encourage you to add a friend to your lesson and can offer you a discount if you do. If you have a large group please contact us and we can tailor a lesson time and price just for you and you friends.
To schedule your lesson please click on the Get Scheduled button at checkout or sign up under Lessons at the top of this page.
We will contact you to confirm weather conditions, location and start time. 4 hr students will receive discount on the purchase of a complete new kite gear package (not to be combined with other on sale, deal or free lessons).
(Subject to availability, max 1-4 students per instructor, weather permitting from April-September, only 1 per student, may be purchased as gifts, light wind lesson policies apply).