This 4hr beginner kiteboarding lesson is the quickest way to learn the basics of this awesome sport.
Bring a friend along to share the lesson experience and take advantage of discounted 25% Off rates! You both will share the same instructor for the on-land level 1 portion and then each have your own private instructors for the on-water level 2 portion.
During level 1 you will learn:
- About the IKO.
- That kiteboarding is safe, and fun to learn.
- How to inflate and set up a 4 line inflatable kite.
- How to lay out and walk your lines.
- To rig your kite.
- To use all safety systems.
- Basic kiteboarding wind theory.
- Site and Safety awareness.
- Beach/Launch site etiquette.
- To perform an assisted launch and landing.
- Proper basic and advanced piloting techniques.
- Power management techniques.
- One handed piloting.
- Self Rescuing/Kite recovery techniques.
- That you should’ve taken a Kiteboarding lesson sooner.
During Level 2 you will learn:
- How to set up your board for riding.
- To enter and exit the water with the kite
- How to water relaunch your kite.
- 3 different body dragging techniques.
- How to get the board on you feet
- To generate power for water-starts
- On-water self rescue techniques.
- Rules of the road.
- Wind/Weather effects.
- About the gear you will need to get.
- What and where to practice next.
- That kiting is awesome.
The next lesson that we recommend is a Level 3 water lesson to work on riding short distances and perfecting your skills.
Click Here to Get Scheduled
We will email you to confirm your lesson start time and location.
(Subject to availability weather permitting from April-September).