This 6hr private beginner kiteboarding lesson is the most efficient way to get to pilot a full size powered kite and begin to learn this awesome sport. In these 6 hours you will cover the fundamentals of kiteboarding.
During the first two hours, on land, you will learn…
- That kiteboarding is safe, and fun to learn.
- How to inflate and set up a 4 line inflatable kite.
- How to lay out and walk your lines.
- To rig your kite.
- To use all safety systems.
- Basic kiteboarding wind theory.
- Site and Safety awareness.
- Beach/Launch site etiquette.
- To perform an assisted launch and landing.
- Proper basic and advanced piloting techniques.
- Power management techniques.
- One handed piloting.
- Self Rescuing/Kite recovery techniques.
- That you should’ve taken a Kiteboarding lesson sooner.
During the first water lesson, 2 hours, you will learn:
- How to set up your board for riding.
- To enter and exit the water with the kite (if the lesson permits)
- How to water relaunch your kite.
- Different body dragging techniques.
- Kite control in the water
- To generate power for water-starts
- On-water self rescue techniques.
- Rules of the road.
- Wind/Weather effects.
- That kiting is awesome.
During the second water lesson, you will learn:
- To perfect your kite control skills.
- Power stroke for water starts.
- How to get up and ride on the board.
- Board stance and upwind edging techniques.
- On-water kite recovery and self rescue techniques.
- Advanced piloting techniques.
- How to stow your gear.
- About the gear you will need to get.
- What and where to self practice next.
Depending on previous experience and your own personal progression, some students will want to have more instruction before they are ready to kite independently. Think about upgrading to the 10 hour package to get the best deal!
Purchase new kite gear and get 6 hours of lessons for free!!
We will email you to confirm your lesson start time and location.
(Subject to availability weather permitting from April-October)