This 6hr Learn To Ride private beginner kiteboarding lesson is the most efficient way to get to pilot a full size powered kite and learn this awesome sport.
Bring a friend or two along to share the lesson experience and take advantage of additionally discounted 25%-33% Off rates! If you opt to add a friend you will all share the same instructor for the on-land portion and then you will each have your own private instructors for the on-water portions. Allowing for maximum progression at a great price!
During level 1 you will learn:
- About the IKO.
- That kiteboarding is safe, and fun to learn.
- How to inflate and set up a 4 line inflatable kite.
- How to lay out and walk your lines.
- To rig your kite.
- To use all safety systems.
- Basic kiteboarding wind theory.
- Site and Safety awareness.
- Beach/Launch site etiquette.
- To perform an assisted launch and landing.
- Proper basic and advanced piloting techniques.
- Power management techniques.
- One handed piloting.
- Self Rescuing/Kite recovery techniques.
- That you should’ve taken a Kiteboarding lesson sooner.
During Level 2 you will learn:
- How to set up your board for riding.
- To enter and exit the water with the kite
- How to water relaunch your kite.
- 3 different body dragging techniques.
- How to get the board on you feet
- To generate power for water-starts
- On-water self rescue techniques.
- Rules of the road.
- Wind/Weather effects.
- That kiting is awesome.
During Level 3 You will learn:
- To perfect your kite control skills.
- How to get up and ride on the board in both directions.
- Board stance and upwind edging techniques.
- On-water kite recovery and self rescue techniques.
- Advanced piloting techniques.
- How to stow your gear.
- About the gear you will need to get.
- What and where to self practice next.
At the end of this lesson most students are ready to get all the kiting gear needed to start praticing independently.
We can offer our students free lesson time with a complete kite package purchase.
Some students do however desire or require further instruction. For those we recommend more private lessons.
Click Here to Get Scheduled
We will email you to confirm your lesson start time and location.
(Subject to availability weather permitting from April-September).